If you have young kids or even pets for that matter at home, urine stains on the mattress might be a very common thing for you. However common the stain is, it might not seem as easy to remove it from the mattress, but if you know the right process to follow you are good. Urine stain can be best removed when it is fresh and still wet, but what do you do if the stain has gone unnoticed and is dry?
We will guide you through the steps which will help you get rid of dried urine stain very easily. You will be amazed to know how the simplest of the household things can be used effectively to remove rigid stains from mattresses and other fabrics. Some of the simplest items which can be used for the process include baking soda, dish soap, and vinegar.
Steps to Follow in Order to Get Rid of Dried Urine from Mattress Are:
- Mix 1 part of white vinegar with 2 parts of water in a spray bottle and spray the mixture on the dried urine stain ensuring that the stain soaks in the solution completely. Make sure to cover the whole stain and a little area beyond the stain on all sides as well for best results. Use only high-quality white vinegar for the process as otherwise, the vinegar itself might stain the mattress.
- Let the stain soak in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes and then use a paper towel or blotting paper to blot the excess solution up. Keep the blotting paper or the towel on the stain as long as it takes to dry up the mattress to a maximum.
- See if the stain has disappeared or at least faded. If the stain has not disappeared, repeat the process a few more times to ensure that it is removed completely.
- You can add some baking soda on the stain after the process to remove any kind of odor from it. Baking soda is a very good product which can remove all kinds of smell and especially a stain which is as strong as a urine stench. It is effective as it does not harm the fabric of the mattress as well.
- For this, you need to apply enough amounts of baking soda on the stained area and leave it on for 5 minutes. After that, you can vacuum it up to remove the powder and give a completely cleaned mattress.
- You can also make use of enzymatic cleaners if you have to deal with rigid pet stains often.
- After this whole cleaning process to prevent further such accidents and to skip the whole mattress cleaning Brisbane process use waterproof mattress pad. This is available in the market easily and can be used to keep your bed fresh and clean for a long time.
So what are you waiting for? Remove dried urine stains from your mattress in Brisbane and have a clean experience.
Read More Here: – HOW TO CLEAN VOMIT FROM A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS?